7.05.2015

Permission

"Greetings, gentlemen.  How are you on this bright day of our lady Azamer?"
"Fine."
"Perfect."
"Glad to hear it.  And what business do you have within the great walled city of  Axanthimum?"
"Looking to shop."
"Perfunctory perambulations."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Said I'm planning on going shopping.  Buying stuff."
"Yes.  Now what did you say?"
"Possibly perusing popular peddlers."
"Does he always talk this way?"
"No, never.  He always talks that way."
"Pardon?"
"I mean does he always talk in P's?"
"He's right there.  Why don't you ask him?"
"Do you have to speak like that?"
"Presumptuous peon!  Provoking people previously partial!"
"I am the law here.  Let us not forget that I determine your entrance or denial into the great walled city of Axanthimum!"
"Pedestrian placeholder.  Provincial poppycock."
"Look.  That's just the way he talks.  The longer the conversation goes on, the more aggressive he gets.  Why not just let us in?  We've got plenty of money to shop.  See?"
"He has insulted me and the great city.  You are hereby both denied entrance."
"Paltry peasant."

No comments: