1.01.2017

The Wrath Rasps

“Do you think it would help us get to the hospital faster if I were angry?”  He turns the bitten hand over carefully, inspecting the tiny fang marks.  There is a purple tinge around the wound.
“No, but it might temporarily satisfy my urge for revenge.”
"Your urge."  Inky whispers.
Anna scowls.  “Against who?”
“Various snakes, bulls, and gods for trying to kill my best friend.”
“I'm glad you've decided to scratch me off your hate list.”  Her voice rattles.
“I figured it was the least I could do, what with you giving us a ride and everything.  But I still want to know how Bull got out here.”
“He's a jealous fucker who thinks he's my god damn brother, okay?  I don't pretend to understand how a man with metal screwed into his head thinks or if he even thinks at all.  It's just not my wheelhouse, if you know what I mean.”  She focuses back on the road.  “But okay, maybe I bitched to him about what you said, about what happened the first time I showed up and he got pissed and disappeared.  I was worried what he might do, and looks like I was right to be worried.”
An unbidden snarl crawls across your face.  “So he got mad because you told him I  wouldn't fuck you?”
“Guess what, shit head?  Last time I checked you don't have either a snake bite or a gore wound so maybe I don't have to give you a fucking ride.  Maybe you just need to  jump out the door right now or shut the fuck up and be glad you have a goddamn roof over your head, okay?”

No comments: