9.16.2019

Patterns, Part 1

Purple is not often a color in itself, but usually an umbrella for the unrefined. The barbarians say ‘purple’ when they see any vaguely cast penumbra: plumb, burgundy, or even mauve. Idiots. There is an inverse relationship between the actual amount of purple in the world and the number of morons who seize purple in their teeth by the handle and repeatedly slam it against a wall by whipping their feeble vocabularies back and forth like a rabid dog being stabbed repeatedly.
“Do you think purple would work?”
Like this idiot. Do I think? No. In your presence, I know. I know many things, first among the things I know is that violet is not purple. Words have meanings and different words mean different things. Perhaps if the devil himself vomited violent directly into this imbecile’s mouth, he might be convinced to learn the difference between colors. No. No, he wouldn’t. Please give me the courage to not kill this client before I take his money. “I will choose a color.”
Obviously. Since this fool wouldn’t know color if I kicked Monet’s palette down his throat while wearing a truly purple boot. Hell. He’d probably call it violet. Jackass.
“I’ll need final approval of that, before you go ahead.”
Really? Do I tell you how to sell your golden widgets or your polished dung? No, I fucking don’t. Final approval. Why do these people even hire me? Why not throw whatever god damn color you want on there? Whatever the hell you think purple is? Idiot. Oh. Because then I couldn’t take your money.
“Of course.”

No comments: